RE: IESG Statement on disruptive posting

"JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com> Tue, 21 February 2006 02:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:00:08 +0100
To: "Gray, Eric" <Eric.Gray@marconi.com>, 'Sam Hartman' <hartmans-ietf@mit.edu>
From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: RE: IESG Statement on disruptive posting

Dear Eric,
I certainly agree with all your synthesis.
I just want to clarify about the lists "I would know".

There are lists which may have a receive "considerable discretionnary
powers" such as IANA registry reviewers. They need authority. Such
lists are the lists I considered. After all ICANN is only a "list"
for reviewing names and numbers which developped.

As a general rule I think there should be simple consistency. Brian's
document gives the owner of a list the same capacity as a WG Chair. A
WG is created by a Charter proposed by someone (as for the non-WG
lists), but approved by the IESG and reviewed by the IAB. To be on
the non-WG list you need an AD approval. I suggest that the lists
wanting to have access to RFC 3934 simply asks for an IESG approval.
I am sure ADs can easily make a difference.