Re: WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 06 April 2021 21:10 UTC

Subject: Re: WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Nico Williams <nico@cryptonector.com>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 17:10:02 -0400

While this (terminology) could be handled on a series-wide basis, it
does not have to be.  The IETF can adopt policies for conent of the IETF
stream that are more restrictive than the RFC Editor.  While I think
getting the eventual RFC Series quasi-wg to look at this is worth-while,
I do not see why that should gate the IETF looking at the quesiton.

Yours,
Joel