Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Wed, 25 May 2016 23:21 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 01:21:33 +0200
Subject: Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: <ietf@ietf.org>

This discussion is public, I’m sure it has already been indexed by google, bing, etc.

We can start reviewing our ways to choose venues from now on for those that have no economical impact (no contracts signed yet) and at the same time we must not hide our opinion on any kind of discrimination.

We can have the meeting in Singapore and at the same time, have an explicit message to the authorities, press, etc., explaining what enforced to have this discussion and why we will not come back to Singapore and other countries if the laws aren’t changed. We can even have a press release explaining it during the meeting. It is a much better opportunity to create the noise, specially if authorities come to the meeting.

Regards,
Jordi