Re: DNS

"Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com> Sat, 09 January 1999 04:40 UTC

To: Jan Devos <webmaster@COOL.ST>
cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: DNS
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 23:30:48 -0500
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee3@torque.pothole.com>

Country code domains are under the control of the government of that
country, if their is such a government and it exerts that control.  So
the answer is, yes, if the top-level-domain is a country code managed
by a government or company with the backing of the government, they
"are allowed to play with the dns" to approximately the same extent
they are allowed to "play" (by seizure, taxation, regulations, etc.)
with other property within their territory.

Donald