Re: Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-06

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 18 December 2012 22:26 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:26:11 -0500
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Nick Hilliard <nick@inex.ie>
Subject: Re: Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis-06
Cc: "draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-karp-routing-tcp-analysis.all@tools.ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org List" <ietf@ietf.org>, "karp@ietf.org" <karp@ietf.org>

Nick, I appreciate that you have read this document and commented.

Two general questions:
1) Can you be more specific about where you see unclear language usage?
  It is hard to fix a general coment.

2) A number of your comments seem to be about general router security.
Many of them would see far more appicable to RFC 6518.  This document is
just about changes to protect TCP sessions (yes, what we are concerned
about are the TCP sessions used by routers.)  Can you take a look at
your comments, and tell us which ones are applicable to this document,
and which ones should be held for when the community is ready to revise
RFC 6518?

Thank you,
Joel