Re: experiences as a jabber scribe

Laurent Ciavaglia <Laurent.Ciavaglia@nokia-bell-labs.com> Thu, 24 November 2016 12:51 UTC

Subject: Re: experiences as a jabber scribe
To: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@swm.pp.se>, ietf@ietf.org
From: Laurent Ciavaglia <Laurent.Ciavaglia@nokia-bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 13:51:03 +0100

Hi Michael, all,

I second you on your experience (shared as being scribe a few times).
Your BCP is good guidance. Are there other experiences jabber scribes
would like to share to improve the job?

I did type the slide numbers in the session I was scribbing but not sure
it is so needed/helpful except when the flow is not linear (e.g. when
questions at the MIC makes the presenter go back at slide #x).

A suggestion: could remote participants provide feedback on the job
performed by the scribes, i.e. what was done well / or not / less. What
they would like the scribe to do in addition, etc.
This would help to tune the effort in the right direction.

Thanks to Meetecho and NOC for the great service offered!

Best regards, Laurent.

--

Laurent Ciavaglia

Nokia, Bell Labs