Re: IETF 62

"Ben Crosby" <ben.crosby@alcatel.com> Mon, 20 September 2004 00:49 UTC

Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:46:36 -0500
From: Ben Crosby <ben.crosby@alcatel.com>
To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: IETF 62
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Hear hear!

I debated posting after the fingerprint thread, and then again after the Cancun comment. Sam's email accurately sums up my own view.

Further, as the host of IETF61, we explored at least four possible venues, one of which was Ottawa - too bloody awkward to get to, since there are very few direct flights, and even fewer venues big enough to support the meeting - and another was Florida, a WDW Conference hotel. This venue was ultimately rejected for a few reasons, one of which was the implications of "work, not play". DC was ultimately selected as a good "business" town, and I hope it will be a succesful meeting.

Ta,
Ben.