RE: several messages

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com> Thu, 13 November 2008 14:47 UTC

Subject: RE: several messages
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:43:17 -0800
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
To: David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>, Al Iverson <aiverson@spamresource.com>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

This is a somewhat silly discussion, pretty much the ONLY real reason to use your own domain rather than a gmail or aol or whatever is precisely the fact that switching costs are high.

And the real problem is not gmail.com but comcast.net. If access to the email address requires continuation of an ISP service the switching cost issue bcomes a very real problem. Even more so if the ISP decides to rename itself - as mine has three times.