Subject: Re: several messages
From: "Al Iverson" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:46:39 -0500
List-Id: IETF-Discussion <ietf.ietf.org>

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM, David Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Al Iverson wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:08 PM, David Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> > In the end, walking isn't a viable alternative.
>>
>> Because it's so hard to open a Gmail account? I think your thinking
>> here is about two generations out of date. Back in 1995 when we each
>> had our one dialup account, and webmail was much less common and
>> acceptable, your point would have been more valid.
>
> C'mon ... my example contractor has printed collateral, web pages, etc.
> all with his email address. Changing an email address is non-trivial for
> folks who don't have any need to register their own domain name. Even
> those who have a web serving domain often have no business need for
> email.

The professional who has printed their AOL.com email address on their
business card has problems that are far greater than, and not unique
to, an ISP's use of DNSBLs.

Regards,
Al Iverson
-- 
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com
News, stats, info, and commentary on blacklists: http://www.dnsbl.com
My personal website: http://www.aliverson.com   --   Chicago, IL, USA
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf