Re: Cluster Addressing and CIDR

"J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr> Wed, 15 January 2003 02:23 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:59:09 +0100
To: pouzin@email.enst.fr
From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: Cluster Addressing and CIDR
Cc: Jean-Louis.Grange@eurolinc.org, "vinton g. cerf" <vinton.g.cerf@wcom.com>, "Richard J. Sexton Ph.D. J.D." <rich@rd.vrx.net>, "Rokitansky, Carl-Herbert" <roki@cosy.sbg.ac.at>, "J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc@ginger.lcs.mit.edu>, Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU>, "Vaudreuil, Greg M (Greg)" <gregv@lucent.com>, ietf@ietf.org, internet-history@postel.org, JimFleming@ameritech.net, steinle@smartvia.de, Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>, bortzmeyer@nic.fr, abel@able-towers.com, Simon Higgs <simon@higgs.com>, richard.hill@itu.int, k@widgital.com, Bruce Young <Bruce@barelyadequate.info>, Alexander Svensson <alexander@svensson.de>, Joe Baptista <baptista@dot-god.com>, David Goldstein <goldstein_david@yahoo.com.au>, Joop Teernstra <terastra@terabytz.co.nz>, yjpark@myepark.com
Sender: owner-ietf@ietf.org

Louis, some old pre-IETFquestions. What was "cata" standing for?

FYI this thread started asking to remember Carl-Herbert Rokitansky's
Cluster Adressing Scheme. He then recalled that IETF had probably orignated
in 1984 in UK. in a meeting he attented. jfc

PS. Vint, when was the name Internet used for the first time? When you say
'multiple net systems' did  you refer by then to mutiple networks, to
multiple technologies or both?