Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Tue, 30 December 2014 23:01 UTC

Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 00:01:19 +0100
To: rhill@hill-a.ch
Cc: "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>

Richard,

(I am copying once again your e-mail at the end, in case
it didn’t  otherwise make it to the list archives.)

First, I wanted to say that I agree with Andrew said.

Secondly, I wanted to assure you that your opinion
and comments are on record, have been noted and
thought about, even in those cases where we did not
say anything specific about them. Your specific
issue in this case was brought up in the IESG
discussion, for instance. Thanks for the feedback.

The summary that I sent (or any other similar
messages) should not be taken as a detailed list
of everything that went on. They are high-level
summaries, and written in my words, characterising
the situation as I see it. They are beneficial as
brief explanations, but the real record is the detailed
discussions, e.g, on the list.

But I can change my summary to read:

"Discussion of the rationale for concluding rough
consensus from Richard Hill (responses from Marc
Blanchet, Andrew Sullivan, Milton Muller, Jari Arkko,
Brian Carpenter, John Curran, and Jefsey). Richard
was requesting a justification (beyond information
already available) for why the conclusion was what
it was, and deferring the IESG decision."

For what it is worth, I think there was certainly
enough information in the thread labeled
"draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response moving to next step”,
the shepherd writeup, and of course as well in the
overall process that the working group went through.

Jari

---

Original message from Richard: