RE: Interim step on meetings site feedback — for sites currently under active consideration

Andrew Allen <aallen@blackberry.com> Mon, 18 April 2016 17:45 UTC

From: Andrew Allen <aallen@blackberry.com>
To: Dan Harkins <dharkins@lounge.org>, "venue-selection@ietf.org" <venue-selection@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Interim step on meetings site feedback — for sites currently under active consideration
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 17:44:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.65.160.247]
Cc: "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>

I have a +1 for the general sentiment but some disagreement with the statement "it's a shame that some members of the IETF community cannot bring their family and/or be open and honest about their relationships". To my understanding that is not clearly the case and needs some further investigation to determine what the precise legal situation is and how it applies particularly with regard to individuals coming from countries where their status is perfectly legal.