Re: Appeal/Request for Review (was: Re: Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP))

Margaret Wasserman <mrw@lilacglade.org> Wed, 26 August 2009 02:20 UTC

From: Margaret Wasserman <mrw@lilacglade.org>
To: Marshall Eubanks <tme@americafree.tv>, Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Appeal/Request for Review (was: Re: Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP))
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:19:11 -0400
Cc: Trustees <trustees@ietf.org>, ietf list <ietf@ietf.org>, rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org, IAB IAB <iab@iab.org>, IESG IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>

Hi Marshall and Bob,

Could you please let us know the current status of this appeal?

In the plenary in Stockholm, I understood you to say that you _do_
consider the decisions of the IAOC and the Trust to be subject to the
appeals procedure, which I think is a good decision.  However, it has
been about 6 weeks since this appeal was sent, and I do not see a
location on the IAOC/Trust web pages where the appeal text is posted,
nor have I seen any response.

I think that there are several very valid points in John's appeal, and
I largely agree with it.  I note that the IAOC has already begun the
process of bringing the minutes up to date, which I consider to be an
important step.  Could you help me to understand how you are reacting
or responding to other portions of this appeal?

Thanks,
Margaret

On Jul 18, 2009, at 3:38 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> --On Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:55 -0400 Marshall Eubanks
> <tme@americafree.tv> wrote:
>
>> Hello;
>>
>> We (the Trustees) have received feedback on the proposed
>> changes to the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP) and have agreed to
>> take the following actions. Since the original call went out
>> on the 23rd of June, the comment period is extended to the
>> 23rd of July.
>
> Marshall,
>
> While I believe these changes are all improvements, I also
> recall several additional sets of comments on the IETF mailing
> list, including those that addressed the issues of:

[...]

> Consequently, by this message to you and copy of this note to
> the IAOC Chair, and under the provisions of Section 3.5 of RFC
> 4071, I formally request that the Trustees review their actions,
> that the IAOC review the actions of the Trustees as part of the
> IASA process, and that the following actions be taken:

[...]