Re: limiting our set of cities

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Thu, 20 February 2020 12:46 UTC

Subject: Re: limiting our set of cities
From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:46:29 -0500
Cc: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, ietf@ietf.org
To: Michal Krsek <michal@krsek.cz>

I think that we should pick the top 12-16 locations that participants are from, then for each destination prior to it being considered we calculate the travel PAIN (cost + time) for that set of participants.

It's hard to believe Singapore and Thailand would be in such heavy rotation if this were done. I like these places to visit, but really why are we going to them so often? A cynical part of me thinks "someone[s] important likes going there" might be carrying too much weight in these decisions.

Thanks,
Chris.