Re: Scenario C prerequisites (Re: Upcoming: further thoughts on where from here)

Gene Gaines <gene.gaines@gainesgroup.com> Wed, 22 September 2004 23:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:49:03 -0400
From: Gene Gaines <gene.gaines@gainesgroup.com>
To: Karl Auerbach <karl@cavebear.com>
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, ietf@ietf.org, scott bradner <sob@harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: Scenario C prerequisites (Re: Upcoming: further thoughts on where from here)
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Karl,

Good thoughts.  I agree with all.

I suppose the reason for my long writing was to say that 501(3)(?)
status should not be feared, the process is predictable, and I
think you will find the IRS actually will assist in the process.
In any event, requires a good non-profit / tax lawyer to evaluate
and explain the consequences.  But getting the status is easy.

Gene