Re: "The IETF has difficulty solving complex problems"

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Tue, 09 August 2005 12:21 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:20:47 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: "The IETF has difficulty solving complex problems"
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Well, this didn't come up in the Thursday plenary unless
my brain is more than normally fuzzy.

Firstly, it's worth re-reading section 2.3 of RFC 3774...

...OK, now you've read that, I wouldn't necessarily agree
with every word, but I think it's basically true. What I
meant to argue is that what we *are* good at is defining
elements of the Internet architecture, and the way we do
that tends to favour scaling and robustness without
needing an over-arching scalablity framework or robustness
framework. The latter part is the feature I was thinking of.

     Brian