Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response

Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net> Thu, 25 December 2014 18:41 UTC

Subject: Re: [Ianaplan] last call and IESG processing summary for draft-ietf-ianaplan-icg-response
From: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:41:26 +0200
To: rhill@hill-a.ch
Cc: "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan@ietf.org>, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>

Richard,

Thanks for your note. (Reproduced at the end of this e-mail for the benefit of
others, just in case we still have an issue with the list not accepting your
e-mails. I apologize for the trouble on that, by the way.)

I wanted to acknowledge the reception of your note, and the reception of the
earlier requests, including the one requesting the co-chairs to provide (further)
justification for their conclusions. I also wanted to say that those were
considered as a part of the process. A big part of the IESG’s role in
approving output from the IETF is making sure that the community
has been heard and that there’s broad backing for the particular output.
In this case the IESG has been comfortable with the making the decision
it has made, having considered the community discussions, including
your request. Personally, I am quite comfortable with the decisions in
the WG and IESG stages, and believe that they reflect community
(rough) consensus.

Hope this helps,

Jari