Third (and final) NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Volunteers

NomCom Chair 2021 <nomcom-chair-2021@ietf.org> Wed, 16 June 2021 04:47 UTC

From: NomCom Chair 2021 <nomcom-chair-2021@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Third (and final) NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Volunteers
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 21:47:31 -0700

Do you want to understand and influence how the IETF leadership is elected?
Discuss with the candidates their visions for the different roles, and vote
(yes, we vote) on those you believe will benefit the IETF and the Internet
the most?

Volunteer for the NomCom 2021-2022!

This is the third and final call for volunteers for the 2021-2022 NomCom.
We are only one week away from the end of the volunteer period.

One click is all it takes to volunteer for NomCom 2021-2022:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/volunteer

This "volunteer" page will let you volunteer for NomCom 2021-2022 or
show you if you have already volunteered.

It is also reachable via your profile page:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/profile/

…where you will now see a button to volunteer (taking you to the "volunteer"
page above) or a message letting you know if you have already volunteered.

 - Of course, you can volunteer by sending me a very short 3 line email
   (see below).
 - Thanks to everyone who has volunteered so far. However, we currently
   only have 83 volunteers.

We need many more. So, please, please volunteer.

--------------------------------

The IETF NomCom appoints people to fill the open slots on the IETF LLC,
IETF Trust, the IAB, and the IESG.

Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random
way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we
have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
population.

The details of the operation of the NomCom can be found in BCP 10 (RFC
8713). RFC 3797 details the selection algorithm.

Special for this year RFC 8989 (one-off update to RFC 8713 / BCP 10)
tells us who is eligible to volunteer as anyone who satisfies any of the
three following conditions:

	Path 1: The person has attended 3 out of the last 5 IETF meetings,
	including meetings held entirely online. For the 2021-2022 NomCom,
	the meetings concerned will be IETF 106, 107, 108, 109, and 110

	Path 2: The person has been a Working Group Chair or Secretary within
	the 3 years prior to the day the first call for NomCom volunteers is sent
	to the community

	Path 3: The person has been a listed author or editor (on the front
	page) of at least two IETF Stream RFCs within the last 5 years prior to
	the day the call for NomCom volunteers is sent to the community. An
	Internet-Draft that has been approved by the IESG and is in the RFC
	Editor queue counts the same as a published RFC, with the relevant date being
	the date the draft was added to the RFC Editor queue.

[Normative details are in RFC8989.]

You can check your eligibility at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/profile/
…where you will now see a button to volunteer (taking you to the "volunteer" page above)
or a message letting you know if you have already volunteered.

If you qualify, please volunteer by clicking on the volunteer button. Alternatively,
You can volunteer by sending me an email as explained below. However, please
remember that anyone appointed to this NomCom will not be considered as
a candidate for any of the positions that the 2021-2022 NomCom is
responsible for filling.

Details of Positions to Be Filled (some details to be finalized)

An asterisk (*) next to a person's name indicates they do not intend to accept renomination.

LLC Board (3-year term)
• Jason Livingood

IETF Trust (3-year term)
• Kathleen Moriarty

IAB (2-year term)
• Ben Campbell
• Cullen Jennings
• Mirja Kühlewind
• Jared Mauch
• Tommy Pauly
• Jiankang Yao

IESG (2-year term)
• Murray Kucherawy, ART AD
• Erik Kline, INT AD
• Robert Wilton, OPS AD
• Martin Vigoureux, RTG AD
• Benjamin Kaduk, SEC AD *
• Martin Duke, TSV AD

The primary activity for this NomCom will begin in July 2021 and should
be completed by January 2022.  The NomCom will have regularly scheduled
conference calls to ensure progress. There will be activities to collect
requirements from the community, review candidate questionnaires, review
feedback from community members about candidates, and talk to
candidates.

While being a NomCom member does require some time commitment it is also
a very rewarding experience.

As a member of the NomCom it is very important that you be willing and
able to attend meetings either remotely or in-person during IETF 112
(Madrid 6-12 November 2021) to conduct interviews. Remote attendance
will be supported whether or not there are in-person meetings.
Orientation and setting of the NomCom schedule will be done by
videoconference during the week 26-30 July (exact time and date to be
determined after NomCom membership is finalized on July 15), prior to
IETF 111.

Please volunteer by sending me an email before 23:59 UTC on Wednesday
June 23, 2021, as follows: