Working with IEEE 802

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Mon, 19 September 2016 11:19 UTC

Subject: Working with IEEE 802
From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:19:26 +0300
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>

For your information, and keeping everyone aware that there’s quite a bit of coordination going on between the IETF and other standards organisations. Though of course the bulk of the work happens when our participants are simply doing the work, and taking care of things both in IETF and in other organisations.

But in terms of coordination, a week ago with we met with folks from IEEE 802, for instance. The IETF and IEEE 802 leadership and liaison managers are in contact regularly, and every couple of years we also meet in person to better understand what work is happening on the other side, and make sure we stay coordinated. Last week, we held our fourth such meeting, continuing our tradition of meeting in outskirts of large airports in nondescript hotels :-)

More information about current projects of common interest (Internet of Things, deterministic networking, privacy, and so on), how we coordinate, pointers to people to contact, etc. here:

https://www.ietf.org/blog/2016/09/working-with-the-ieee/

Jari Arkko, IETF Chair