RE: FW: Affirmation of the Modern Global Standards Paradigm

John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net> Wed, 15 August 2012 13:47 UTC

From: John E Drake <jdrake@juniper.net>
To: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 06:46:02 -0700
Subject: RE: FW: Affirmation of the Modern Global Standards Paradigm
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: ietf <ietf@ietf.org>

AB,

I don't think the principles articulated in this document will come as a surprise to any SDO with which the IETF interacts and I don't think this document will prevent another SDO from acting badly wrt the IETF if it so chooses.  Also, bear in mind that 'acting badly' is entirely subjective.

For example, if you were to ask the ITU leadership if they 'acted badly' during the MPLS-TP imbroglio, I think they would counter that it was the IETF that 'acted badly'.  In fact, I have seen them say exactly this.

And lest we forget, we had a much more comprehensive agreement in place for MPLS-TP.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my iPhone