Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal

"John G. Scudder" <jgs@bgp.nu> Sun, 06 April 2008 12:32 UTC

From: "John G. Scudder" <jgs@bgp.nu>
To: Marshall Eubanks <tme@multicasttech.com>
Subject: Re: Blue Sheet Change Proposal
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:01:11 -0400
Cc: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Working Group Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Isn't the Ark of the Covenant also there?

In the interest of adding some actual content as well, I'll remark
that I really don't much care whether addresses are collected or not.
For my own part, I'm with the others who've observed that trying to
hide your address as a counter-spam measure is about as effective as
sticking your fingers in your ears and saying la-la-la.  And for that
matter, those who think otherwise can easily use a disposable email
address if they wish (surely they must have one if they care about
such things) or even falsify or omit their email address (horrors!).

--John