Re: [Ietf108planning] Preview of survey on virtual meetings

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Fri, 24 April 2020 03:29 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 15:29:02 +1200
Cc: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>, "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <evyncke=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "ietf108planning@ietf.org" <ietf108planning@ietf.org>
To: Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org>
Subject: Re: [Ietf108planning] Preview of survey on virtual meetings

> On 24/04/2020, at 4:02 AM, Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> My de-duplicated list of feedback is:
>
> Page 3 – the cookie option for “How important is it for each of the following to be included in a virtual IETF meeting?” is funny, but not needed
>
> Page ? -- Assuming this applies to the worst possible timezone for you, how easy would it be for you to participate in each of the following virtual IETF meeting formats? (Skip any you don’t know about) – the visuals helped describe which days things were happening but the semantics of the vertical blue lines wasn’t intuitive to me.

Thanks - We'll see what others say before trying to address that.

> Page ? -- Are you willing to participant more or less based on the registration fee.  Perhaps s/participate more/more likely to participate in the meeting/.  Maybe it was my incorrect read -- almost like "if I pay money I might participate in more/less in working group meetings".  It seems like it’s a meeting specific answer -- if you charge for the meetings, will you come to any of the meeting?

Changed that completely following the feedback to have actual fee levels (100%,75%,50%,25% of in-person) and ask "For each of these different sets of meeting registration fees, how likely is it that you will participate in an online IETF meeting? (skip any you don't know about)"

Jay