[ietf76-1st-timers] Invitation to IETF 76 Meet-and-Greet

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Tue, 03 November 2009 14:17 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
To: ietf76-1st-timers@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 06:17:30 -0800
Subject: [ietf76-1st-timers] Invitation to IETF 76 Meet-and-Greet

Dear First-Time Attendees:

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first
IETF meeting.  I look forward to meeting you at IETF 76 in
Hiroshima, Japan.

In order to get you started on the right foot, you are invited
a Meet-and-Greet with the IETF Working Group Chairs from 4-5pm on
Sunday, November 8th.  Only first-time attendees and IETF leadership
are invited to this special reception, which will take place at
the ANA Hotel in the Le Platine restaurant on the 22nd floor.
Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided.  This
will be an informal gathering; there will be no speeches or
presentations.  The sole purpose of this gathering is to give you
some time to mingle with the WG Chairs.  It will provide a forum
for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the
IETF and its culture.

At 5pm, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome
Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly
recommend that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available
online: http://www.ietf.org/tao.html.

Best Wishes,
Russ Housley
IETF Chair