Re: [imapext] [ietf-smtp] Fwd: Request to form a new WG: JMAP

"Adrien de Croy" <adrien@qbik.com> Mon, 07 November 2016 20:57 UTC

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
To: Ned Freed <ned.freed@mrochek.com>, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 20:57:01 +0000
Cc: "ietf-smtp@ietf.org" <ietf-smtp@ietf.org>, "'imapext@ietf.org'" <imapext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [imapext] [ietf-smtp] Fwd: Request to form a new WG: JMAP

I wouldn't necessarily read "representation of email" as meaning message
format.

It could mean representation of email interface.

As for other things, there are plenty of things which could use
improvement, and I doubt whether it will ever happen in the current IMAP
framework due to the problem of there being too many complicated
combinations of optional extensions.

IMAP5 could do something useful, but the last attempts to kick-start
that were still-born.

Adrien