[imss] RE: FC-SP MIB - consensus check

Black_David@emc.com Fri, 18 January 2008 01:04 UTC

From: Black_David@emc.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:04:34 -0500
To: imss@ietf.org
Subject: [imss] RE: FC-SP MIB - consensus check

Having seen no comment on this message in the week and a
half since it was posted, I believe that the approaches it
describes represent the rough consensus of the imss WG.

Hence, Keith should prepare and upload a revision of the
FC-SP MIB draft that is in accordance with these approaches
and contains the other changes identified from Bert's MIB
Doctor reviews.  That revision should be suitable to be sent
to our ADs with a request to publish as an RFC.

Thanks,
--David (imss WG chair)
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754

Fabrics,
> > which seemed like it would be useful in some situations.  However,
the
> > need to have a StorageType which is common for the lists and for the
SA
> > proposals, introduces an (always present) complication which I think
> > outweighs the potential (and at most occasional) benefit. That is, I
no
> > longer believe the omission is worthwhile.  If the WG agrees, I
propose
> > to change the rows in t11FcSpSaTSelPropTable and t11FcSpSaTransTable
> > be per-Fabric, i.e., to add t11FcSpSaIfFabricIndex into the INDEX
> > clause of the t11FcSpSaTSelPropTable and of the t11FcSpSaTransTable.
> > (Indeed, the DESCRIPTION of t11FcSpSaIfStorageType is already worded
> > assume this change will be made.)
>
> 2) In the POLICY-MIB:
>
> > The second is that t11FcSpPoAdminFabricNameis read-only, as indeed
it
> > must be because it's part of the Active Policy which cannot be
modified
> > once it's active.  So, how is the Fabric name specified when Policy
is
> > in use ??  I believe the answer is that t11FcSpPoNaSummaryFabricName
> > needs to be added as a read-create object in the
t11FcSpPoNaSummaryTable.