Re: [Insipid] WG Review: INtermediary-safe SIP session ID (insipid)

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Tue, 01 October 2013 01:12 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: SM <sm@resistor.net>, Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 01:11:48 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.41]
Cc: "insipid@ietf.org" <insipid@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Insipid] WG Review: INtermediary-safe SIP session ID (insipid)

This seems to be more a comment on the existing charter rather than the additional new bits.

In that respect, comments against that might be better made against the requirements document that is with IESG at the moment.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-session-id-reqts/

In regard to the extended charter, my understanding at least is that it adds nothing to the correlation aspects. What gets added is an extra indicator that goes with the session-id as defined, and indicates the the network entities involved that they should create a log of the information contained in all messages with this session i-d.

How those logs are collected together and analysed does not form part of the charter. It is certainly not expected that those logs would be available to an end user or indeed to another operator, as part of any work performed under this charter. That does not preclude the indicator being passed between operators or to the end user, rather than removed, but I am not sure I see a privacy concern with that.

Regards

Keith