Re: [Insipid] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-12: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Mon, 06 February 2017 22:59 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 16:58:58 -0600
Cc: "insipid-chairs@ietf.org" <insipid-chairs@ietf.org>, "Dawes, Peter, Vodafone Group" <Peter.Dawes@vodafone.com>, "gsalguei@cisco.com" <gsalguei@cisco.com>, "insipid@ietf.org" <insipid@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Insipid] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-insipid-logme-reqs-12: (with COMMENT)

Hi,

I agree with Stephen that "trust domain" is used to mean so many
different things that the term has become vacuous. Even if it is well
defined in any given RFC, it inherits the baggage from all the other
usages.

But, I am inclined to defer the push for something more rigorous to the
solution draft. Give that the solutions draft will be standards track
and privacy affecting, I expect it's security and privacy considerations
will get close scrutiny :-)

Ben.