Re: [Int-area] request to consider sponsoring http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-04

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Thu, 06 March 2014 19:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:37:02 -0800
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, joel jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>
Cc: "hiaps@ietf.org" <hiaps@ietf.org>, Internet Area <int-area@ietf.org>, draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Int-area] request to consider sponsoring http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-intarea-host-identifier-scenarios-04

Brian,

Although I don't disagree with the points below, it's useful to consider
that INT is already working in this area, so I don't see either (a) or
(c) as being relevant unless you expect to shift current INT docs to
other WGs too.

(b) just warrants an update. I disagree that privacy concerns will
negate the benefits, though - a HOST ID might also be used to defeat or
deny other claimed identifiers.

Joe