Re: [Int-area] [ietf-privacy] NAT Reveal / Host Identifiers

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Wed, 11 June 2014 14:38 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:38:16 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]
Cc: "ietf-privacy@ietf.org" <ietf-privacy@ietf.org>, Internet Area <int-area@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Int-area] [ietf-privacy] NAT Reveal / Host Identifiers

Re-,

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

[Med] FWIW, this draft does not hint solutions but it aims to describe scenarios with problems. I understand you have concerns with privacy but this is not an excuse to abuse and characterize this effort as "stupid". Privacy implications should be assess on a per use case basis (see for example cases where all involved entities belong to same administrative entity). Furthermore, the document (including -04) says the following : "the document does not elaborate whether explicit authentication is enabled or not."

>Adding new identifiers with privacy impact, as proposed here, is
>quite different.

[Med] I have already clarified this point: the scenario draft does not propose any identifier!