Subject: [Int-dir] INT-DIR Last Call review: draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6146-bis
From: Shwetha Bhandari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2026 10:20:13 -0700
List-Id: "This list is for discussion between the members of the Internet Area directorate." <int-dir.ietf.org>

Hi Zahed,

You've come up in the INT-DIR rotation for the IETF Last Call review
of draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6146-bis "Stateful NAT64: Network Address and
Protocol Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers."

In brief: it's the bis revision of RFC 6146, specifying stateful
NAT64, how IPv6-only clients reach IPv4-only servers via
address/protocol translation. There's a real transport dimension here
(TCP/UDP session handling, checksum and MTU/fragmentation behavior
across the translator), so your eye would be valuable on it.

The draft is in IETF Last Call, ending 30 June 2026, so the review
would be much appreciated by then. If the timing doesn't work or you'd
rather pass, please do let us know soon and we'll re-assign it.

Many thanks,
Tim and Shwetha