Re: [Internetgovtech] [Ianaplan] First coordination group meeting

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Fri, 18 July 2014 05:31 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 06:31:03 +0100
From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, <internetgovtech@iab.org>, <ianaplan@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Internetgovtech] [Ianaplan] First coordination group meeting

Updated agenda for day 2:

== Day 2 ==

9:00 - 10:00
Parking lot for leftover charter, scope, and community work discussion
items. (Jari/Paul)

10:00 - 10:45
Internal and external communications needs. (Martin)
Whether the CG needs public and/or private mailing lists for its own work,
whether we
should stand up our own web site, where that site should be hosted, what
we would use the
web site for, what we think about ICANN's web-based platform and whether
it should
continue to exist and/or be replaced by other list(s).

10:45 - 11:00
Break.

11:00 - 12:00
Secretariat tasks and selection. (Daniel)
ICANN will be selecting an independent secretariat for the CG. To make
this selection,
they will need an RFP. So the CG needs to agree on what the secretariat's
responsibilities
will be, and possibly needs to come up with that RFP (or work on it
together with ICANN).
Again having a draft RFP going into the meeting might be a useful thing.

12:00 - 13:00
Lunch.
Framework for the transition. (Jean-Jacques)
If we're ready by this point, we could solicit candidates for chair/vice
chair/whatever
other positions we think we need and hear from them each briefly about
what they would
bring to the role(s).

13:00 - 13:30
Self-organization, continued from yesterday. (Joseph)

13:30 - 14:15
Timeline. (Russ H.)
It would be good to get some agreement about the drop-dead date for the
final proposal to
be submitted to NTIA (assuming they need some lead time to review it and
socialize it
within the USG before the contract actually expires). We can then work
backwards from
there and set goals for when it would be good to have the community
discussions come to a
close. As with the charter, it would be helpful for someone to come up
with a proposal for
this in advance of the meeting. Jari has provided a proposal for this.

14:15 - 15:00
CG meeting/conference call schedule. (Milton)
We need to figure out how often we'd like to have calls and when our
face-to-face meetings
will be. This would be another good item to have a proposal for in advance.

15:00 - 15:30
Parking lot for CG participation discussion. (Lynn)

15:30 - 16:00
Break.

16:00 - 16:45
Parking lot for any item we need to come back to.

16:45 - 17:30
Summary and wrap-up. (Alissa)
Includes compilation of statement to be published concerning the outcomes
of the meeting
and discussion of development of a more detailed meeting summary.