[iola-conversion-tool] New UTF database is being built -- betatracker has incomplete data.

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Wed, 22 February 2012 20:31 UTC

Return-Path: <henrik@levkowetz.com>
X-Original-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 03DC721F8539 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:31:53 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -102.599
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-102.599 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=-0.000, BAYES_00=-2.599, USER_IN_WHITELIST=-100]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 7M-9jrE2TnIo for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:31:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from grenache.tools.ietf.org (grenache.tools.ietf.org [IPv6:2a01:3f0:1:2::30]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 555F821F8534 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:31:52 -0800 (PST)
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]:54244 helo=vigonier.lan ident=henrik) by grenache.tools.ietf.org with esmtpsa (TLS1.0:DHE_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA1:32) (Exim 4.77) (envelope-from <henrik@levkowetz.com>) id 1S0Iqs-0008Bp-OX; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:31:50 +0100
Message-ID: <4F4550B5.2060605@levkowetz.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 21:31:49 +0100
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20120216 Thunderbird/10.0.2
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: Database Conversion <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>
X-Enigmail-Version: 1.3.5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: 127.0.0.1
X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org, rjsparks@nostrum.com, cmorgan@amsl.com, rcross@amsl.com, olau@iola.dk, henrik-sent@levkowetz.com
X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: henrik@levkowetz.com
X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on grenache.tools.ietf.org); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
Cc: Ole Laursen <olau@iola.dk>, Ryan Cross <rcross@amsl.com>, Cindy Morgan <cmorgan@amsl.com>, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Subject: [iola-conversion-tool] New UTF database is being built -- betatracker has incomplete data.
X-BeenThere: iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: Discussion of the IOLA / DB Schema Conversion Tool Project <iola-conversion-tool.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/iola-conversion-tool>
List-Post: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:31:53 -0000

Hi,

Robert discovered a problem a couple of days ago, which caused me to dig
into the database tables and lead to the discovery that the database itself
been created with default character set 'Latin-1' instead of 'UTF-8'.

We've created another database with the right default, and a few moments ago,
I started building the new database from the production data, with the
intention of switching the betatracker over to the new database by doing an
Apache reload only after the rebuild had completed.

However, testing the betatracker now, I find that it seems it has already
switched over, without me doing any Apache reload; which means that you will
see a tracker with incomplete data for the next couple of hours.  I regret
this, but I don't see any good alternative to pushing through, now that I've
started this.


Regards,

	Henrik