Re: [iola-conversion-tool] State changing bug "Approved announcement sent" to "RFC Editor Queue"

Ole Laursen <olau@iola.dk> Wed, 22 February 2012 18:16 UTC

Return-Path: <olau@iola.dk>
X-Original-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 13D2621F8817 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:42 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.722
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.722 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=0.255, BAYES_00=-2.599, FM_FORGED_GMAIL=0.622, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-1]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id tZ2Cr0QYmA0F for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:37 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mail-vw0-f44.google.com (mail-vw0-f44.google.com [209.85.212.44]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id A5B5321F8803 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:34 -0800 (PST)
Received: by vbbfr13 with SMTP id fr13so274808vbb.31 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:34 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of olau@iola.dk designates 10.220.142.5 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.220.142.5;
Authentication-Results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of olau@iola.dk designates 10.220.142.5 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=olau@iola.dk
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.220.142.5]) by 10.220.142.5 with SMTP id o5mr19659728vcu.68.1329934594198 (num_hops = 1); Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:34 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.220.142.5 with SMTP id o5mr15902202vcu.68.1329934594122; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:34 -0800 (PST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.52.96.130 with HTTP; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:16:14 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <9AF909EB-F153-4E0B-854A-3509032043E4@amsl.com>
References: <9AF909EB-F153-4E0B-854A-3509032043E4@amsl.com>
From: Ole Laursen <olau@iola.dk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:16:14 +0100
Message-ID: <CANb2Ov+veRQ8c0K=oKu0H8-23eLci7UfpsT=vVBiQX4ULHVcAg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Amy Vezza <avezza@amsl.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Gm-Message-State: ALoCoQlt/MSk6nl/lkX/9hUDYOouPMOK4o3mcED6e07OXFMQbRCrEOoAcSivq7JW13aKbGd7gBwK
Cc: iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [iola-conversion-tool] State changing bug "Approved announcement sent" to "RFC Editor Queue"
X-BeenThere: iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: Discussion of the IOLA / DB Schema Conversion Tool Project <iola-conversion-tool.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/iola-conversion-tool>
List-Post: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:16:42 -0000

Hi!

2012/2/22 Amy Vezza <avezza@amsl.com>om>:
> Logged in as a Secretariat user, I tried to change a document state from "Approved Announcement Sent" to "RFC Editor Queue."  On this page:
> https://trackerbeta.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-pd-exclude/edit/state/

It looks like I managed to swap "Approved-announcement to be sent" and
"Approved Announcement Sent" with regards to what is considered the
next states. I've fixed that now, this should work correctly after the
next import-states.py run (I think that's within 24 hours).

> It should have two button links here - "Or jump directly to" which goes forward on the publication path, and "Or revert to previous state" which goes back.  It seems these have been merged.

"Or revert to previous state" doesn't work right after import at the
moment, it's a long story, but basically it's not easy to get the
necessary information extracted correctly from the old database and
put into the new one, so we currently cut a corner there. So that's
why it doesn't show it.

It will show up again as soon as the new system sees a state change
for the document (since it will then have stored the necessary
information).


Thanks for the report!


Ole