Re: [iola-conversion-tool] New UTF database is being built -- betatracker has incomplete data.

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Thu, 23 February 2012 00:26 UTC

Return-Path: <henrik@levkowetz.com>
X-Original-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id B2C4821F85E6 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:26:17 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -101.863
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-101.863 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=-0.660, BAYES_00=-2.599, MIME_QP_LONG_LINE=1.396, USER_IN_WHITELIST=-100]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([12.22.58.30]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id zeSsAf926GIX for <iola-conversion-tool@ietfa.amsl.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:26:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: from merlot.tools.ietf.org (merlot.tools.ietf.org [IPv6:2a01:3f0:0:31::14]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 45F0321F85E3 for <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>; Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:26:14 -0800 (PST)
Received: from 90-230-136-60-no45.tbcn.telia.com ([90.230.136.60]:50895 helo=[192.168.1.83]) by merlot.tools.ietf.org with esmtpsa (TLS1.0:RSA_AES_128_CBC_SHA1:16) (Exim 4.77) (envelope-from <henrik@levkowetz.com>) id 1S0MVE-0000f4-9v; Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:25:50 +0100
References: <4F4550B5.2060605@levkowetz.com> <4F456963.3040600@levkowetz.com> <4F456A73.1020506@nostrum.com>
In-Reply-To: <4F456A73.1020506@nostrum.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (1.0)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Message-Id: <443D4720-AC0F-4BF5-9B96-379EEEB6987E@levkowetz.com>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: iPhone Mail (9A405)
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:25:36 +0100
To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP: 90.230.136.60
X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To: henrik@levkowetz.com, rcross@amsl.com, cmorgan@amsl.com, olau@iola.dk, rjsparks@nostrum.com, iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org
X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: henrik@levkowetz.com
X-SA-Exim-Version: 4.2.1 (built Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:57:07 +0000)
X-SA-Exim-Scanned: Yes (on merlot.tools.ietf.org)
Cc: Ole Laursen <olau@iola.dk>, Ryan Cross <rcross@amsl.com>, Cindy Morgan <cmorgan@amsl.com>, Database Conversion <iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [iola-conversion-tool] New UTF database is being built -- betatracker has incomplete data.
X-BeenThere: iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: Discussion of the IOLA / DB Schema Conversion Tool Project <iola-conversion-tool.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/iola-conversion-tool>
List-Post: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iola-conversion-tool>, <mailto:iola-conversion-tool-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 00:26:17 -0000

On 22 feb 2012, at 23:21, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> wrote:

> Much better:
> <http://trackerbeta.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync/history/>

Yes :-)
"North Capital"

> On 2/22/12 4:17 PM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>> The database re-build is complete.  The beta tracker is now running against
>> a UTF-8 database.  All recent code fixes have also been applied to the beta
>> tracker.
>> 
>> Best regards,
>> 
>>    Henrik
>> 
>> On 2012-02-22 21:31 Henrik Levkowetz said the following:
>>> Hi,
>>> 
>>> Robert discovered a problem a couple of days ago, which caused me to dig
>>> into the database tables and lead to the discovery that the database itself
>>> been created with default character set 'Latin-1' instead of 'UTF-8'.
>>> 
>>> We've created another database with the right default, and a few moments ago,
>>> I started building the new database from the production data, with the
>>> intention of switching the betatracker over to the new database by doing an
>>> Apache reload only after the rebuild had completed.
>>> 
>>> However, testing the betatracker now, I find that it seems it has already
>>> switched over, without me doing any Apache reload; which means that you will
>>> see a tracker with incomplete data for the next couple of hours.  I regret
>>> this, but I don't see any good alternative to pushing through, now that I've
>>> started this.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> 
>>>    Henrik
>>>