Re: [iola-wgcharter-tool] A question about the states in RFC 6292

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Wed, 31 August 2011 10:46 UTC

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:47:49 +0200
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
To: Martin Qvist <martin@iola.dk>
Cc: iola-wgcharter-tool@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [iola-wgcharter-tool] A question about the states in RFC 6292

Hi Martin,

On 2011-08-31 10:23 Martin Qvist said:
> Hi
>
> The behaviour you describe is already handled (with Henriks proposed
> states) in the implementation. The active charter is showed under
> /wg/wgacronym (it shows the charter with the highest revision XX), and
> the newly proposed charter texts are shown under /wgrecord/wgacronym
> (the charters with revision XX-00, XX-01, etc.). When the proposed new
> charter is approved it gets revision XX+1 and is then shown in both
> /wg/wgacronym and /wgrecord/wgacronym.

But as long as those are just different revisions of the same document,
we won't be able to have different states for them, right?  I mean, then
someone who went to look at the current charter document would be able
to extract a state of for instance 'Informal IESG Review' instead of
'Approved' because a later revision of the document would exist, with
that state?

Best regards,

	Henrik