Re: [Iotsi] Fwd: Save the date: July 15/16, 2017: Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability (at IETF99 in Prague)

Joaquin Prado <JPrado@omaorg.org> Tue, 06 June 2017 01:19 UTC

Return-Path: <jprado@omaorg.org>
X-Original-To: iotsi@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: iotsi@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6F4AB12EB6B for <iotsi@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.6
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.6 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-0.7, SPF_PASS=-0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([4.31.198.44]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id ohh8TQB90WO0 for <iotsi@ietfa.amsl.com>; Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from asp.reflexion.net (outbound-mail-210-4.reflexion.net [208.70.210.4]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 3C0A6129B5F for <iotsi@iab.org>; Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
Received: (qmail 16792 invoked from network); 6 Jun 2017 01:23:13 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO mail-cs-01.app.dca.reflexion.local) (10.81.19.1) by 0 (rfx-qmail) with SMTP; 6 Jun 2017 01:23:13 -0000
Received: by mail-cs-01.app.dca.reflexion.local (Reflexion email security v8.40.0) with SMTP; Mon, 05 Jun 2017 21:19:22 -0400 (EDT)
Received: (qmail 23196 invoked from network); 6 Jun 2017 01:19:21 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO remote.omaorg.org) (67.207.217.103) by 0 (rfx-qmail) with (AES128-SHA encrypted) SMTP; 6 Jun 2017 01:19:21 -0000
Received: from OMAS1.omaorg.local ([fe80::306c:440:acf0:cea1]) by OMAS1.omaorg.local ([fe80::306c:440:acf0:cea1%13]) with mapi; Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:19:07 -0700
From: Joaquin Prado <JPrado@omaorg.org>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
CC: "iotsi@iab.org" <iotsi@iab.org>, "t2trg-chairs@irtf.org" <t2trg-chairs@irtf.org>, "Michel Kohanim (michel@universal-devices.com)" <michel@universal-devices.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:19:02 -0700
Thread-Topic: [Iotsi] Fwd: Save the date: July 15/16, 2017: Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability (at IETF99 in Prague)
Thread-Index: AdLcMqs7yUamqpWHS0CHCTi+LPgnSgCHwg6AAAQzxFA=
Message-ID: <F518D082CA31C0408AB36A3B652B07AF0332E932A11C@OMAS1.omaorg.local>
References: <04441040-B2D6-47F3-8224-20ED52F731A1@ericsson.com> <D94C28D9-C868-46EC-8806-FF9173CFDD8C@tzi.org> <F518D082CA31C0408AB36A3B652B07AF0332E58ADCCD@OMAS1.omaorg.local> <AF4F7D45-26A0-46B6-A0AD-ED1DED5DCBF7@tzi.org>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
acceptlanguage: en-US
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_F518D082CA31C0408AB36A3B652B07AF0332E932A11COMAS1omaorg_"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/iotsi/_Qnk5UgtsZ6EStg9Bv4YRC_8fAQ>
Subject: Re: [Iotsi] Fwd: Save the date: July 15/16, 2017: Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability (at IETF99 in Prague)
X-BeenThere: iotsi@iab.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.22
Precedence: list
List-Id: Internet of Things Semantic Interoperability Workshop <iotsi.iab.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.iab.org/mailman/options/iotsi>, <mailto:iotsi-request@iab.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/iotsi/>
List-Post: <mailto:iotsi@iab.org>
List-Help: <mailto:iotsi-request@iab.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/iotsi>, <mailto:iotsi-request@iab.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 01:19:25 -0000

Hi Carsten,

Please see below a brief explanation that what we would like to present to this group for consideration:


 *   Some data models represent the sensor information as a model of Objects & Resources
    *   Breaking large components into atomic subcomponents, e.g.: relays, temperature sensors, etc into temperature, Centigrade or Fahrenheit degrees, etc
    *   These subcomponents are standardized one by one e.g. as Objects and Resources and registered with a unique value.
 *   This approach of defining each possible object and resources doesn’t scale well:
    *   It requires companies from different sectors to agree what and how to standardize sensor properties.
    *   Registration, validation and verification effort cannot be underestimated if the aim is to reach out to billions of devices.
    *   Development/compile time integration is an impediment to interoperability

Criteria to consider to move forward

 *   The Data Model should describe how Things are defined rather than defining Things themselves:
    *   What you can do to the Thing (commands send to the Thing)
    *   What the Thing can do to you (commands received from the Thing … i.e. someone physically pressed a button on the Thing)
    *   What properties the Thing has

Please let us know if our contribution will be welcome and we will submit it in the next two or three days.

Thank you and kind regards
Michel & Joaquin
---------------------------------------

From: Joaquin Prado
Sent: 05 June 2017 16:18
To: 'Carsten Bormann'
Cc: iotsi@iab.org; t2trg-chairs@irtf.org; Michel Kohanim (michel@universal-devices.com)
Subject: RE: [Iotsi] Fwd: Save the date: July 15/16, 2017: Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability (at IETF99 in Prague)

Hi Carsten,
I am in discussion with Michel Kohanim, cc here, to send an brief extract of the issues that we foresee and a considerations to move forward.

You will have a first email with this extract soon and from there you can tell us if a presentation should be presented to this group.
Regards

Joaquin
---------------------------------------
Director of Technical Programs
Open Mobile Alliance | www.openmobilealliance.org<http://www.openmobilealliance.org/>
Cell: (+1) 858 249 8300<tel:%28%2B44%29%20%280%2977%2017%2027%2050%2024>
Desk: (+1) 858 623 0741
Skype: jpradocueva
Email: jprado@omaorg.org<mailto:jprado@omaorg.org>

From: Carsten Bormann [mailto:cabo@tzi.org]
Sent: 02 June 2017 23:29
To: Joaquin Prado
Cc: iotsi@iab.org<mailto:iotsi@iab.org>; t2trg-chairs@irtf.org<mailto:t2trg-chairs@irtf.org>
Subject: Re: [Iotsi] Fwd: Save the date: July 15/16, 2017: Workshop on IoT Semantic/Hypermedia Interoperability (at IETF99 in Prague)

Hi Joaquin,

> Is this meeting (subject above) still taken place in July?

Yes, please see

https://github.com/t2trg/2017-07-wishi

and

https://github.com/t2trg/2017-07-wishi/blob/master/CALL-FOR-CONTRIBUTIONS.md

(While the timeline we gave for discussing “state-of-the-union” talks with the chairs already has passed, I think we can accommodate one more if we learn about it quickly.)

> I am discussing this topic with several people and we would like to prepare a presentation.

Looking forward to a proposal!

Grüße, Carsten

________________________________