Re: [ipcdn] WG Action: Conclusion of IP over Cable Data Network (ipcdn)

"Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com> Sat, 04 April 2009 19:02 UTC

Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:02:08 -0400
From: "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
To: ipcdn@ietf.org
Cc: jf.mule@cablelabs.com, "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>
Subject: Re: [ipcdn] WG Action: Conclusion of IP over Cable Data Network (ipcdn)

Folks,

Thank you for your support and encouragement during the lifetime of the
IPCDN working group. And I want especially to thank my co-chair
Jean-Francois Mule, whose help was invaluable in completing all of our
charter work.

Checking my archives, I found that in the last 8+ years as a co-chair,
our working group has published ten RFCs. While we were not the most
prolific publishers of RFC documents (consider the SIP WG), our working
group did produce more than its fair share of RFCs, and I have all of
you to thank for that.

At the beginning of my tenure as co-chair (August 2000), the tech bubble
was about to burst. At the conclusion of my tenure, we are in another
recession. You may want to track my future activities within the IETF
and adjust your stock portfolios appropriately. Just kidding. :)

Please continue to participate in the IETF and support its specification
efforts, as you are able. And thanks again.

-- Rich