Minutes of the IPFIX meeting at IETF 81 About 25 people present Scribes: Andrew Feren, Chris Innacio & Nevil Brownlee Juergen Quittek opened the meeting, pointing out that all but two drafts from our current charter have now been approved. Two remain: - Flow Selection (Benoit to check IE values, Nevil to submit write-up) - PSAMP MIB We expect that these two will be finished shortly. Juergen presented the PSAMP MIB. The IPFIX MIB (RFC 5815) was intended to use a registry for ipfixSelectorFunctions, but instead IANA created an IPFIX SELECTOR MIB, which would need to be changed each time we add a new selector function. After some discussion, we decided to stop maintaining the IPFIX SELECTOR MIB and create new OID registry for ipfixSelectorFunctions. That will require changes to the PSAMP MIB and to RFC 5815; since that requires AD approval, these will be new WG work items. Benoit Claise presented "Exporting MIB Variables" (now at -02), pointing out that this has issues with exporting variables from different SNMP contexts, but that would clearly be useful. Clear consensus as new WG item. Benoit presented the "IPFIX Mediation Protocol" draft (now at -04), a method of exporting information about mediation processes. Clear consensus as new WG item. Brian Trammell presented the "IE Doctors" draft (now at -01). This documents the process for establishing new IPFIX Information Elements. Clear consensus as new WG item. Brian presented the "IPFIX Aggregation" draft (now at -03), which would establish an Intermediate Process to perform spatial and temporal aggregation in IPFIX Mediators. Clear consensus as new WG item. We have one other draft that was presented in earlier meetings - "Link Layer IEs." We discussed whether this could be a "trial run for the IE Doctors," or a WG item. We reached consensus for it as a WG item, with the proviso that it will need views from Layer 2 domain experts, e.g. IEEE 802.1. Nevil led a discussion on "updating the IPFIX base standards," at least 5101 and 5102. These would include changes made by errata, and some editorial work to clarify text in the light of experience. The DTLS question was raised - should this be included in a new version of 5153 (Implementation Guidelines)? Consensus reached to update 5101 and 5102, and to EITHER revise 5153 OR to create a new document from the DTLS draft [the latter to be decided on the mailing list]. Andrew Yourtchenko presented a new draft that will document the Cisco IEs, 1-127. This could be an Independent Submission, or it could remain as an Internet Draft, updated over time then allowed to expire. Benoit explained that it will make information about these NetFlow v9 IEs available, thus easing the transition to IPFIX. [In other words, the range 1-127 will eventually be filled in, and the distinction between below and above 127 will then disappear. Some of the IEs will be deprecated, some will be reused]. The WG chairs will write a new charter covering all the 'consensus' drafts above and their milestones, and send it to the list. Once consensus is reached on the list, we will our Area Director to take it to IESG for approval. The meeting finished at 1435. - - - - - One-para Summary The IPFIX WG met on Wednesday afternoon. The WG has two current work items, these should be completed by 1 September. We discussed eight individual drafts, reaching consensus that - bearing in mind that five of these have had several revisions - we wish to revise our charter to include all of them. - - - - -