Re: [IPFIX] [GROW] [OPSAWG] WG adoption poll for draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-02

"lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com" <lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com> Thu, 16 February 2017 03:15 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:15:17 +0800
From: "lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com" <lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com>
To: grow-bounces <grow-bounces@ietf.org>, zhoutianran <zhoutianran@huawei.com>
Cc: opsawg <opsawg@ietf.org>, opsawg-chairs <opsawg-chairs@ietf.org>, grow <grow@ietf.org>, "ipfix@ietf.org" <ipfix@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] [GROW] [OPSAWG] WG adoption poll for draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-02

Dear Ignas,

Thank you very much for your support and suggestion.

Since the problem to be solved in this draft comes from the field network, we only provide the method to carry standard BGP commmunities in IPFIX. Extended communities are ususlly used for other purposes than standard communities, such as route target, actions for BGP flowspec etc. Whether or not we really need to cover entended communities, I want to see more comments. Large communities are relavitely new. RFC8092 was published recentlly.  Anyway, however, it is easy for us to cover both extended communities [RFC4360] and large communities [RFC8092] after the adoption and further comment consensus. Text contribution is welcome. By the way, I want to know the opinions about the wide communities. Do we need to cover them together?

As you said, this draft was a good start. It has value to be a working group item. We can continue the comments and discussion after the adoption and we will improve the document according to the consensus. Operational considerations will be covered in the next version.

Best Regards,
Zhenqiang Li
China Mobile