Re: [IPFIX] IETF 81: New work for IPFIX ...

ATSUSHI KOBAYASHI <akoba@orange.plala.or.jp> Thu, 23 June 2011 08:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:32:16 +0900
From: ATSUSHI KOBAYASHI <akoba@orange.plala.or.jp>
To: Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz>
Cc: IPFIX Working Group <ipfix@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] IETF 81: New work for IPFIX ...

Hi all,

Although I can not attend IETF session any more, I will be ready for
several items from far Japan.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:38:35 +1200
Nevil Brownlee <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> It looks as though the flow-selection draft will be ready to submit
> before the Quebec IETF meeting, so it's time to start discussion
> on new charter items.  Looking back at the minutes from IETF 80 in
> Prague, possible items are:
>
> 1. New versions of the base standards, 5101 and 5102, which implement
>     small changes that did not affect interoperation, (for example
>     adding detail where there are gaps in 5101) as a Standards Track
>     successor to 5101.  Once that had been published as an RFC
>     for some time we could work on moving it to Draft; that should be
>     possible in a reasonably short time.
>
> 2. IE Doctors, a draft that "lays out the ground rules for developing
>     new IPFIX Information Elements, and clarifies how the IE Registry
>     process works." The issues here are
>     a. Should we develop an 'IE Guidelines' draft?
>     b. Do we want to have an 'IE Doctors' team (with IESG overview),
>        an expanded group of IE Expert reviewers, or what?
>
> 3. IPFIX Aggregation.  This seems (to me) to be a required function
>     for IPFIX Mediation.

I will reviews it.

> 4. IPFIX Mediation protocol draft.

I will support it.

> 5. Exporting MIB variables using IPFIX draft.

I will reviews it.

> For any of these that we adopt as new work items, I'd like to know
>   - who is prepared to work on writing/editing?  (at least 2 people)
>   - who is prepared to review these drafts as they change from time
>     to time?  (at least three people)
> If you are prepared to do either of these, please email me a list
> of which item numbers in the list above you're willing to write/edit
> and/or to review.

How about the following draft as work item?
Monitoring link layer section is required for expanding IPFIX.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kashima-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-05

Regards,
Atsushi