Re: [IPFIX] [Ie-doctors] Search comments and feedbacks about the draft of IPFIX IE extension when considering BGP community

"lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com" <lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com> Fri, 29 July 2016 09:56 UTC

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:56:31 +0800
From: "lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com" <lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com>
To: PJ Aitken <paitken@brocade.com>, Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>, gurong <gurong@chinamobile.com>, "ipfix@ietf.org" <ipfix@ietf.org>, "n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz" <n.brownlee@auckland.ac.nz>, "quittek@neclab.eu" <quittek@neclab.eu>, "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
Cc: "ie-doctors@ietf.org" <ie-doctors@ietf.org>, Brian Trammell <trammell@tik.ee.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: [IPFIX] [Ie-doctors] Search comments and feedbacks about the draft of IPFIX IE extension when considering BGP community

Hi P. Aitken,

Yes, you are right. We need two IE IDs for each basicList. But 291 is already there, it is for the IPFIX template IE ID, not 458 or 459.
458 or 459 is for the type of each list element. It goes in the Field ID of the basicList.

bgpSourceCommunityList (458) = basic list(291) of bgp community infromation (defined in RFC1997)  corresponding with source IP address
bgpDestinationCommunityList (459) = basic list(291) of bgp community infromation (defined in RFC1997)  corresponding with destination IP address

Here, basic list meas zero or more bgp communities will be contained in the data set.

Best Regards,

lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com