Jon Turner <jst@arl.wustl.edu> Mon, 11 March 1996 14:25 UTC

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:22:07 -0600
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Jon Turner <jst@arl.wustl.edu>
To: iplpdn@CNRI.Reston.VA.US

Subject: Announcement

Washington University is nearing completion of a set of three chips and
associated hardware and software that implements a uniquely scalable and
flexible ATM switch supporting link speeds from 150 Mb/s to 2.4 Gb/s and
capable of supporting configurations with total throughputs from 10 Gb/s
to more than 10 Tb/s. We are seeking collaborations or partnerships to
make this technology more widely available. In particular we seek:

	1. Relationships with commercial organizations interested in
	   producing and selling high performance ATM switching systems
	   using this technology.
	2. Relationships with potential user groups interested in applying
	   the technology in demanding applications. We have the ability
	   to produce a moderate number of switches (a few tens) and
	   provide some basic support for interested users.
	3. Relationships with researchers in networking, distributed
	   operating systems and related areas who could leverage off
	   this technology to enhance their own work.

Details of our ATM switch technology can be found at

	http://www.arl.wustl.edu/~jst/gigatech/gigatech.html

If you're on a slow internet connection, you will probably want to
suppress image loading.

Jon Turner
Washington University
jst@cs.wustl.edu