Re: Last Call: IPSec DOI Proposed Standard

Avram Shacham <shacham@cisco.com> Fri, 24 April 1998 19:16 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:13:26 -0700
To: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU>
From: Avram Shacham <shacham@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Last Call: IPSec DOI Proposed Standard
Cc: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU>, "'iesg@ns.ietf.org'" <iesg@ietf.org>, ipsec@tis.com, ippcp@external.cisco.com

Ted, I agree that your compromise is more flexible for future changes.

Unless other members of the IPPCP wg voice objections, I suggest that both
documents (DOI and IPComp) will be modified to reflect your suggestion.

Also, the DOI document should be modified to correct the non-accurate
wording describing the IPComp protocol: (a) deleting the words "before ESP
encryption" in section 4.4.5 and "before ESP" is 6.6, and (b) the term "IP
compression" should be modified to "IP payload compression."

I hope this process will not delay any of our documents.

Comments?
avram