Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

wangyali <wangyali11@huawei.com> Wed, 18 November 2020 05:03 UTC

From: wangyali <wangyali11@huawei.com>
To: "Frank Brockners (fbrockne)" <fbrockne=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "xiao.min2@zte.com.cn" <xiao.min2@zte.com.cn>
CC: "ippm-chairs@ietf.org" <ippm-chairs@ietf.org>, "tpauly=40apple.com@dmarc.ietf.org" <tpauly=40apple.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "ippm@ietf.org" <ippm@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 05:03:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.243.136]
Subject: Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

Hi Frank,

I agree with you that NC/YANG is an alternate way to retrieve the IOAM decapsulation capability.
And from the side of IGP/BGP, we also proposed extensions to IGP/BGP for IOAM/Alternate Marking transit node/decapsulation node capability in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-lsr-igp-extensions-ifit-01 and https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-idr-bgp-ifit-capabilities-01 .

Please see the details of proposed extensions for IOAM transit/decapsulating node capability for two scenarios with and without the centralized controller in line [Yali].

Any questions and comments are welcome.

Best,
Yali