[ippm] Call for adoption: milestone on coloring-based loss and delay methodologies

Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch> Fri, 15 April 2016 13:21 UTC

From: Brian Trammell <ietf@trammell.ch>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:20:53 +0200
To: IETF IPPM WG <ippm@ietf.org>
Subject: [ippm] Call for adoption: milestone on coloring-based loss and delay methodologies

Greetings, all,

We're slowly working our way through the queue of things to do after the Buenos Aires meeting; we'll be making a few confirmations of calls for adoption in the coming days. One of the items for the chairs to consider following our face-to-face discussions is what, if anything, the working group wants to do about "coloring"-based hybrid measurement.

On a review of our charter, we find that a milestone on measurement methodologies, largely as described by draft-tempia-ippm-p3m, is covered by Paragraph 4:

> Additional methods will be defined for the composition and calibration of
> IPPM-defined metrics, as well as active, passive and hybrid measurement
> methods for these metrics. In addition, the WG encourages work which
> describes the applicability of metrics and measurement methods, especially
> to improve understanding of the tradeoffs involved among active, passive,
> and hybrid methods.

We would therefore like to make a call for adoption of the following milestone:

(date TBD): Submit an Experimental draft on coloring-based hybrid measurement methodologies for loss and delay to the IESG