Re: [ippm] [Teas] Availability metrics in the IETF Network Slice

song.xueyan2@zte.com.cn Tue, 19 April 2022 01:55 UTC

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:54:39 +0800
From: song.xueyan2@zte.com.cn
To: gregimirsky@gmail.com
Cc: adrian@olddog.co.uk, teas@ietf.org, ippm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ippm] [Teas] Availability metrics in the IETF Network Slice

Hi Greg,
Thank you for providing this draft on availability measurement, as an important measurable parameter of network slicing, support for measurement and implementation methods is helpful. For the measurement method mentioned in this draft is the use of the histogram method, it's very interesting.
>From my perspective, through the use of the histogram method, the threshold value of the availability rate, such as the maximum guarantee availability rate and the minimum guarantee availability rate, is obtained. Through the probability density of availability, it seems be more real-time and may be a better indicator of performance measurement. Compared with the traditional measurement method of availability this adds the maximum guaratee availability indentification but whether this is very necessary I would like leave this question to operators.
In addition, for IETF NSS, it is recommended to increase the measure of slice service availability, such as statistics based on slice instances or what else, when reusing existing slice instances or creating new slice instances, check whether slice availability meets the needs of slice customers.

Best regards,
Xueyan