Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

xiao.min2@zte.com.cn Thu, 19 November 2020 05:49 UTC

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:49:46 +0800 (CST)
From: <xiao.min2@zte.com.cn>
To: <c.l@huawei.com>
Cc: <ippm-chairs@ietf.org>, <ippm@ietf.org>, <fbrockne=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, <tpauly=40apple.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ippm] =?utf-8?q?Call_for_adoption=3A_draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-?= =?utf-8?q?state?=

Hi Cheng,

We co-authors have discussed the example you provided, and we agree that this is a valid concern that needs to be addressed.

As what's been documented in draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-ipv6-options-04, leaking of IOAM-over-IPv6 packets outside the IOAM domain may happen in the case of device misconfiguration or device failure. It's similar here, leaking of  IOAM-Capabilities-over-ICMPv6 packets outside the IOAM domain may happen, but in my view IOAM-Capabilities-over-ICMPv6 packets are much less sensitive than IOAM-over-IPv6 packets, and the operator can add authentication to ICMPv6 packets if needed, so it's explicitly not a blocking issue.

The Security Consideration section of this draft will be enhanced in the next revision.

Thanks for your good comments.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

原始邮件