Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

xiao.min2@zte.com.cn Tue, 17 November 2020 08:19 UTC

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:19:30 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: dhruv.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: tpauly=40apple.com@dmarc.ietf.org, ippm-chairs@ietf.org, ippm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

Hello Dhruv,

Thanks for your support and good comments.

Please see inline my response tagged with <XM>.

Best Regards,

Xiao Min

原始邮件

发件人:DhruvDhody
收件人:Tommy Pauly;
抄送人:IPPM Chairs;IETF IPPM WG (ippm@ietf.org);
日 期 :2020年11月13日 15:20
主 题 :Re: [ippm] Call for adoption: draft-xiao-ippm-ioam-conf-state

Hi WG,

I suggest adding some text to explain why you don't have an IANA
allocation when you are defining a new type and sub-types in this
document.  It took me a while to figure out that it might be
intentional.

<XM> Yes, it's intentional. Will add some text to explain the reason as you suggested.

Related question -
- Is it a good idea to use the same name 'IOAM Capabilities TLV' when
it has different formats in the echo request and echo reply message?

<XM> I lean to change the name to "IOAM Capabilities Query TLV" in the echo request, and change the name to "IOAM Capabilities Response TLV" in the echo reply. Will talk with the co-authors to find good names.

- What about an IANA registry for TSF and TSL field in IOAM
Edge-to-Edge Capabilities, some codepoints are reserved for future
standardization but no registry.

<XM> I lean to accept this good suggestion. Will talk with the co-authors to figure out the potential new IANA registry.

Other than that, I support adoption :)

Thanks!
Dhruv