Subject: [ippm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-pam-07.txt> (Precision Availability Metrics for Services Governed by Service Level Objectives (SLOs)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 12:27:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG (ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'Precision Availability Metrics for
Services Governed by Service Level
   Objectives (SLOs)'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-pam-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2023-10-20. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a set of metrics for networking services with
   performance requirements expressed as Service Level Objectives (SLO).
   These metrics, referred to as Precision Availability Metrics (PAM),
   are useful for defining and monitoring SLOs.  For example, PAM can be
   used by providers and/or customers of an RFC XXXX Network Slice
   Service to assess whether the service is provided in compliance with
   its defined SLOs.

   Note to the RFC Editor: Please update "RFC XXXX Network Slice" with
   the RFC number assigned to draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-pam/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.