[ippm] Re: IPPM adoption call for draft-gandhi-ippm-stamp-ext-hdr

xiao.min2@zte.com.cn Fri, 24 May 2024 01:39 UTC

Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 09:38:53 +0800
From: xiao.min2@zte.com.cn
To: rgandhi.ietf@gmail.com
Subject: [ippm] Re: IPPM adoption call for draft-gandhi-ippm-stamp-ext-hdr

Hi Rakesh,

Please see inline.

Original

From: RakeshGandhi <rgandhi.ietf@gmail.com>
To: 肖敏10093570;
Cc: zhoutianran@huawei.com <zhoutianran@huawei.com>;marcus.ihlar=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org <marcus.ihlar=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>;ippm@ietf.org <ippm@ietf.org>;zhukeyi@huawei.com <zhukeyi@huawei.com>;
Date: 2024年05月24日 07:55

Thank you Xiao Min, Tianran and Greg for your inputs.

Is the conclusion to only reflect Flow-Label / Entropy Label and Hop-Limit/TTL and not the entire IP header with routing header (SRH)?
[XM]>>> That's what I agreed. To be clear, as specified in RFC 8200, routing header is a kind of IPv6 extension header, not part of IPv6 header and not touched in our discussion.

Best Regards,
Xiao Min

P.S. DSCP is already covered in RFC 8972.

thanks,
Rakesh